Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Is Anyone even interested?

I have decided as of this morning that I will be using this blog as my journal of the events that occur in my family's life, since I don't believe that anyone ever looks at it anymore. Probably due to the fact that I was only writing once a month or less. If I can get my butt to sit at this computer all morning doing work stuff, than I should have no problem taking the extra ten minutes to update here. Maybe I will even add in a few photos occasionally. On to life. The funniest thing came out of Tanners mouth a few weeks ago and I have been trying to write it down since. He has found his love for singing lately and makes up songs as well as combines songs he learned. We were driving to church and he is sitting in the back seat and begins singing, "I belong to the church of Jesus Christ a family is forever." Than he changed it to "I belong to the church of Jesus Christ . . .this is my sleeping beauty!"(instead of "sacred duty" from I love to see the temple. I looked at Gary and just laughed. He started laughing as well. It was so adorable!
Evan is trying to potty train right now-emphasis on the "trying". He enjoys wearing underwear-especially li-maquee or as we know him better, Lightning McQueen. In fact, sometimes it takes me thirty minutes of arguing with him over the fact that he had peed in them already and needs to wear another pair while he throws a fit and yells at me repeating, "I wan li-maquee!" And then I finally get to the point that I want to spank his butt and tell him he is wearing a diaper that he finally relents and wears whatever I have. He is definitely in the terrrrrror-able twos. He is very particular about always wanting mom over dad which is sweet but aggravating at times. Sometimes I just need a break! He loves to cuddle when he is not calling me stupid and yelling at and hitting me. In fact, he just learned a new word on the way to Lake Powell last week. Moly Cwap! Thank you Tanner for your wisdom that you pass on to your little brother. Tanner has been saying "Holy Moly Macaroni Crap!" and all Evan gets out of it is "Moly Cwap". Tanner still has his speech impediment so he sounds adorable saying that as well. I have stopped saying this, so I don't know where he got it from. Evan loves his chocolate milk and asks for it about 10 times a day and will whine and cry until he either goes and gets all the ingredients and brings them to me-at the computer, in bed, in the bathroom-and I make it for him, or I make one of the older kids do it. He will clean up after himself which is a gene my other kids definitely did not get. He did get the Christensen accident prone gene. We took him to the urgent care a few weeks ago after Karly slammed his fingers in the door of her bedroom. She didn't want him in there and didn't see his hand when she proceeded to slam it. I normally wouldn't have done anything but ice and maybe Tylenol, but of course it began to swell and look crooked. Heidi and Barett Christensen were at our house for dinner when it happened so it was only appropriate that it should happen while they were here. Anything we can do to make them feel at home, right?! Just like old times. Well, the xray showed no problems, so we were sent home and told to ice it. It took over a week for the swelling to go down, but looks much better now. Last week he did a number on his face. He was riding his bike down our driveway-which has a pretty nice slope to it; no longer do we require our neighbors walkway!-and ran into my car and then flipped off onto the concrete. Grandpa Reid was out there when it happened and quickly brought him into us. He smacked the right side of his face real good. The bump on the side of his eye was irregular and purple and huge. He had a nice raspberry above the bump as well as on the bump that were both oozing. His hands were scraped on the backs as well. Now he is sporting a nice black/purple/green eye and some pretty nice scabs-although one scab came off in Powell and the other is slowly peeling off. It looked even better when he had a left swollen eye to go with it from smacking his eye on the boat when we were driving through the boat chop and he had fallen asleep in the bow with his head resting on the side.
Karly has her Grandpa Reid's pack rat gene. She loves to find any box, bag or other container and collect, collect, collect. Anything and everything. I am constantly going into her room and de-junking, de-cluttering and throwing things away. I almost always have a grocery bag full of trash to take out-and I mean trash! She keeps paper and cardboard pieces, and wrappers. She is definitely the artistic type. We cannot believe how fast she is growing! She is like a weed. She just turned seven and is already wearing a size 2 shoe, size 8 pants and shirts and she is as tall as Kaleb, which has been the case for a while. Kaleb is barely in his size 8 pants and he is so skinny!!! Karly has such a cute little figure. It terrifies me. Lately we have been telling her she is not allowed to date until she is 25 and she can't kiss a bot until she goes to the temple to get married. In fact, we made up a song to the "Austrian went yodeling" tune that talks about her asking dad if she can kiss a boy-"Can I kiss a boy, can I kiss a boy, a boy? NO!!" repeated a few time. The boys think it is hilarious and I catch Tanner singing it all the time. This morning, in fact!
Kaleb is loving scouts and still loving Indiana Jones. He still wears his costume shirt with the spider on the back on a frequent basis. He wanted to wear it to school yesterday but I told him no. He loves scouts and is just about to earn his wolf badge. I just need to start sewing them on! He continues to be helpful and extremely inquisitive. Its hard to get him to listen to me at times but he does try and it always makes me happy when he just hugs me and tells me he loves me. I think he likes living out here. He is making friends, although not as quickly as I would like him to. It seems all the kids live a ways away from our home so he plays with other kids that are younger than him. I hope he can make some good friends and start playing with them more. He does play with the girls his age that live next to us. He is playing soccer right now and so is Karly. They are getting better. Kaleb still runs around with a goofy smile on his face most of the time and likes the social aspect of the sport more than the sport itself right now. I think that will change as he gets older. He is not very competitive or if he is, it hasn't shown yet.
Lately I have fallen in love with my husband all over again or should I say more so. I just appreciate him more lately. I think it is because I treat our relationship as if he could die any day-morbid I know- and I don't know how much time I have with him so I want to make the most of it. Why argue or fight over petty things? We have been communicating lately instead of just talking. I love crawling into bed at night and just talking to him. I love knowing what he is concerned about and what is on his mind. Part of the reason I feel this way is because we are approaching our 10th anniversary in ten weeks. I have decided to take him on a date each week leading up to our anniversary. Each date will be symbolic of the year it corresponds to-so this week I am taking him to Sundance where it all started! He doesn't read my blog so I can write whatever I want here and he will never know!! Anyway, I need to sit down and really brain storm ideas for each date. So that is what is going on with my family right now. I need to get my kiddies going so that our morning routine will run smoothly. Until next time!

2 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Love it!!!!!!!!! Miss you guys xo

Ashly said...

I will read your rambling, journal-blog!!! I am totally interested and this way I will know if I am getting the important details from you the first time around on the phone and the second time in the blog!