Last weekend I received a call from my sister, asking if I could watch her cute baby. She had started throwing up at daycare and was sent home. She and her husband both had to work, so I told her that would be fine. Well, sweet little Oakley was pretty sick. She threw up a couple of times at my house, but I wasn't too worried cause I kept her away from everyone and held her most of the time. Well, we were not so lucky. Tanner started feeling sick on Tuesday and had a high fever all day. The next day he woke up still not feeling well but there was no sign of vomit, so I thought maybe he had a different bug. I watched my friend Ashly's kids that day and warned her of his sickness, but she too was not worried. Tanner started throwing up about an hour after she left. I felt bad, but tried to keep him away from the others as well. Well, after she picked up her kids I left to the grocery store with Evan, leaving the others at home. Evan began throwing up at Smiths and continued on our trip at Walmart. I know, I probably should have just gone home after Smiths, but I needed to get food and with Gary gone at school that evening and kids throwing up, I didn't know when I would get back. Vicki was with me and she helped out by getting me the wipes at the front of the store for the carts to keep the area disinfected, and produce bags to throw up in and then use to double bag the throw up. I was hoping to get in and out of Walmart quickly but the people checking me out were ridiculous! I asked the guy at the checkout if he knew how to do comparable price matching and if he was good at it and he said yes. Well, he wasn't good. After 15 minutes of checking out and having only two items left, he messed up and needed a manager to help him with a key. First of all, this manager had been by earlier trying to help him and she could not do math! I could do the math in my head, but they couldn't even do it on their calculator! Anyway, you know what I mean if you buy produce and match ads at Walmart. So she came over to help him and instead, wiped out the entire transaction. I had to start over! I was patient, but my poor baby was sacked out in the front of the cart, resting on a sack of 10lb potatoes. So after another 15 minutes where a second and then third person came over to help-the third one making it worse and trying to help the guy but hindering him completely-we finally finished my order and then got to do the coupons, which took another 5 minutes! Vicki checked out next and it went much smoother, but still took about 10 minutes. Finally we got in the car and drove home to my kids. That night, Ryan started throwing up and his eyes clogged with green goobers. I got to bed at 12:33 a.m., got back up 10 minutes later to help Evan to the toilet, went back to bed and got up again around 1a.m. to help Evan again and feed Ryan. Karly came into our room a couple of times in the night with Evan because she began throwing up. By Thursday morning, Four of the 5 kids were sick. Poor kids. I hadn't mentioned that the Leprechauns had visited that night, reason why I was up as well as the throw up. They had dyed our eggs green and left shamrocks on them, tied the kids shoes to the fan blades in the front room, and written in green pen on the bathroom mirror. Gary and I made little baggies filled with lucky charms for them that had notes saying,"I'm so LUCKY to have you! Poor kids, Kaleb was the only one able to enjoy these. That day was fun. I worked at home trying to function on 6 hours of interrupted sleep, took care of kids and throw up all over the carpets, floors, toilets, clothing, bedding. Friday was looking better except that Kaleb and Gary both have it now. Gary isn't throwing up but it has to get out another way, if you know what I mean. Kaleb threw up during the night, but has been fine all day. Evan is fevering and laying around all day. He and Tanner have had it the worst. They just lay around and cry and want to eat but wind up throwing it all up after about 30 minutes. Hopefully I will steer clear of it this time!!
Friday, March 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment