So I haven't felt really "accepted" in my new neighborhood and ward. I was called into primary two weeks after we moved out here and have been there ever since. I love my calling. I get so much from it every week and hope that the kids do as well. Because of this, and also not making it to many of the relief society get togethers, I haven't really had the chance to get to know people. Also, we live near the top of the neighborhood so there are not as many people around us. This same reason is why the kids have a difficult time finding friends to play with. I was feeling a little down about this the other day. Now don't get me wrong, I have made friends but I just haven't felt comfortable in my new area completely. My old ward I felt like I knew everyone and they knew us. That went for our neighborhood as well. I have made a few good friends but they are a bit farther from my house or in the other ward or are always gone or busy. Most of the women out here work from home or outside the home. I don't think I know a single mom out here who is only a stay at home mom. With that being said, I can understand why so many of the women are super busy and gone all the time. The other issue with our ward is that we have people moving in all the time-just like provo. Most of the people are buying the homes that have been foreclosed on and the rest are purchasing new construction. I think there are at least five homes being built around us right now that I can see from my street. SO I have been trying to have people over every other week and planning something fun once a week for my kids. I am trying to get to know these people out here and start making this area more cohesive. For this reason, I recently ran for a position on our HOA board. It wasn't a hard campaign since I was the only one running for the four positions. I just want this area to work harder at becoming a community so that we can be there for each other in case of disaster, sickness, landscaping needs, etc. Provo gave us a feeling of security because no matter what happened, we knew we would have people around to help us out. Thinking back to the micro bursts we had, it took only a short amount of time before neighbors were out with their trailers, chainsaws, shovels and rakes, driving around to each home to see what needed to happen and where they could help. I'm not saying this wouldn't happen here, but I don't have that feeling of security yet.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
When you ask for blessings, they are poured out on you sometimes!
So on to why I feel blessed. I recently have been making friends with some of the newer families in the ward and one of them invited me to come to a book club. Now I was a book club virgin until last night, so I was super excited. I love reading and I love having an excuse to get to know people better. I went last night and had such a good time. I got to know four more girls from our neighborhood and ward that are really fun and nice. Now that I am on the HOA board, I will be getting to know more people and fellowshipping my neighbors as well.
I was feeling lonely out here and worrying about my kids making "good" friends, so I had been praying about it. Now, I am making new friends and these friends have kids my kids ages! It just makes me feel like my heavenly father knows what I need and is helping me even when I don't realize sometimes that it's his hand guiding me along. I have made a couple really good friends out here and I am grateful. I think Heavenly Father wants us to be a close knit community and I think he will continue to help me down that path.
I have had so many more blessings from him both spiritually and physically. I just need to make sure I keep working hard to be worthy of those blessings.
Posted by crazy christensen family at 8:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment