Lately I feel like I have been stuck in a cranky and frustrating state and I can't quite figure out how to get out of it. Could it be that my 2 year old sleeps with me 80% of the time or at least comes in to wake me up at all hours of the morning by sitting on my head until I wake up and do as he asks? Could it be because this same child cannot leave me alone to even pee, has to be on my lap when I eat, as I am on the computer-as he pulls my arms trying to get me to stop typing as I currently am-has to have me hold him while I am trying to do Zumba? Maybe it is because of the cold weather and ugliness surrounding me, or maybe because my husband is never home because he is either working or else skiing. Could it be because every morning I wake up I get to clean up the same messes and no one else sees the need to pick up after themselves or help out? Or is it the never ending laundry that reminds me of my hectic schedule and never being able to be on top of it? Is it my front room and the office and all the stuff needing to be filed, billed, invoiced, paid off, etc. It also could be the many projects I have started and can't seem to ever find the time to continue or finish. Pick any one of those and they could be the culprit. Maybe it is just a specific annoyance at a specific moment, but always something causing the relentless frustration.
Monday, February 27, 2012
Stuck in a rut
I need a vacation. I need a vacation from my life. No stress, no kids, no work, no phones, maybe even no husband. Preferably on an island where the average daily temperature is 85 degrees. I need some sun and some rest from the cares of my daily, hectic, blessed life. I need a maid to take care of my room, all my meals cooked for me and a very comfortable bed. I would prefer a week, but at this point would be happy with 4 days. Only problem is travel time. Maybe I should just go to St. George and lay next to a pool or on a large piece of red rock until I am toasted, but not burned.
Funny thing is I wrote the title so I could write of our adventures yesterday when Gary got the suburban stuck in the snow up on the top of Israel Mountain and the rescue effort made to retrieve them. But when my son came in and started using me as a jungle gym, I just became unnerved. If I step back I know I can see how stinkin cute he is instead of how much of my space is being invaded-as he pulls my shirt up to get to my belly button. That story will have to wait for another day. Maybe later this week.
Posted by crazy christensen family at 11:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Take me with you :)
Post a Comment