Last night we were driving out to Eagle Mountain to Myron and Allison's for Cole's birthday and to pick up Kaleb. Suddenly the cars in front of us started stepping on their brakes and we looked ahead and watched as four deer walked across the road and then jumped a fence into a field. We pointed them out to the kids and they thought it was pretty cool. As we were driving past, Karly started explaining to Tanner that Dad sometimes shoots deer and we eat them. He was appalled and exclaimed,"I don't! I don't like to eat deer." I explained to him that he eats other animals and eats their meat. I told him he eats chicken. Evan piped up and said I don't like meat, but I do like chicken. Is good for me. Tanner you like chicken." It was a funny conversation and there was more to it, but I can't remember all of it. In fact, I am only including parts I can and I'm sure I am somewhat misquoting. Kids are hilarious!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
I don't like meat!
Yesterday we also took Karly to Walmart and tricked her about getting her ears pierced. She had to keep her room clean for two weeks and it only took her about two years to accomplish this! Anyway, she thought she wasn't getting them until Tuesday but insisted she just wanted to pick the earrings she would get. There were two little toddlers waiting to get theirs done so we stood there for about 20 minutes waiting and watching them. Not such a good idea. After the first little girl, Karly wasn't so sure about getting hers done. We waited until the last little girl and then I told Karly she was next. She was so excited but also very nervous! She sat on my lap and Daddy took pictures. She got her birthstone, paridot, and was very brave. She almost cried but held it in. She can't stop jumping around with excitement. She was so excited to show her friends at school today and constantly bugs me about cleaning them. She called her cousin Brittley and then Grandma Jodi to tell them the news on our way home. It was really fun to be there and participate in this with her. Gary was happy he could be there too. It's so much fun to see your child sooo excited over these kinds of things.
Ryan is now sleeping in another room and I am finally trying to get some sleep. I need to train my body to sleep through the night again. I still wake up a few times. Maybe I will have to supplement my diet to help me sleep better. Yeah sleep!!
I feel like I don't write enough about Evan and maybe it's because he is going through the "two's". He is so much fun but man he has a temper! He and Tanner push down Ryan for no reason at least once a day and often times Evan will hit Ryan cause he wants to. He does love to play on his own and is very particular about how his cars are lined up or other toys. He loves to read books and always asks to do a reading lesson with me after Tanner's. He is a very good helper around the house. He loves to help me cook and he loves his friend "yilly". Lilly is about the only friend he doesn't fight with. He really likes her and plays so nicely with her. He always asks if she can come play. Evan is a cutie and he is so skinny!! He does love to eat, though and he is a good eater most of the time. Well, that's it for now. I am coming down with a head cold so I am going to go pump my body with liquids and vitamin C! Hopefully I can head it off before it gets much worse.
Posted by crazy christensen family at 8:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment