I went out last night with a few of my favorite people to the Olive Garden. Ashly, Amy, Lessley and Ashly's friend Alicia and Amy's daughter McKaelyn. I got there late because Gary had a late call but I still arrived only minutes after they were seated. We were having a fun time chatting when our waiter came over to get our drinks. I guess he wasn't too happy that Ashly and I only ordered water. Anyway, when he came back he was trying to joke with us and was a bit odd. So we all ordered except Ashly and I cause we weren't ready and Lessley told him she wasn't ordering anything-to which she said he kind of gave her a dirty look, although I didn't witness it myself. He suggested this dish to Ashly that he claimed was the best on the list. When he finally came back and we ordered, Ashly took him up on his suggestion and I ordered the ravioli di portobella. Our salad came out as well as the bread sticks so we all dug in. I finished off the salad and explained that if it wasn't gone, they wouldn't bring us more. They never even asked if we wanted more salad! We were sharing the bowl between 4 people so it went quickly. I was a bit bummed! When our food came out, Ashly, Amy and I were not very happy. Mine was dry and pasty. It was also a bit overcooked in the noodle department. Ashly's was no flavor at all and Amy's was also really pasty and dry. So we waited for him to come check on us and how we felt about our food and he took like 20 minutes or more. When he came back he asked if we were slow eaters or just talking too much. Alicia replied, "I finished my food" and he said something to the tune of,"Well we know what to say to that, oink oink." We were all so shocked at how inappropriate he was we were all but speechless. He was laughing and we were laughing in shock. Lessley then said-"Are you guys going to say anything?" So of course we all told him out complaints, to which he argues with us about how he never has heard anyone not like the broccoli dish, or how Amy's is one of the house favorites and he has never heard anyone have problems. Are we just picky eaters? This guy was rude and inappropriate but he did get it all taken care of. We explained that we always come here and we usually love the food without problems and that this was rare for us. So he said he had to pray about it and get back to us. When he came back he said he received an answer and that it was we all needed to buck up and that life isn't always what we want-or something to that extent. Once again, we were shocked at how inappropriate he was, but he followed that up by explaining that Amy's portion was too large for the amount of sauce they gave her-smaller portion with same amount equals better tasting. Ashly's was legitimately wrong because they had run out of the sauce and had substituted it with a lemon butter. She told him to try it and he did and he said it wasn't good-totally understands. For me, I simply asked for more sauce as well as some marinara to help make it not so thick and go down smoother. In the end, we were all appeased but it took 2 hours from when we sat down to when we finally paid our check to leave. We enjoyed our time chatting but were shocked at the experience. I don't know if I will be going back to that restaurant again, anytime soon. I wasn't too pleased with that waiter to say the least and he kept touching my shoulder ad back-total no no for this girl. I need my space man! I think next time we will do take out and nix the restaurant hassle!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment