I have had no motivation lately to do anything. I want to just sit in my bed, or take a hot bath, or read a good book, or. . . well you get the idea. Anyway, I just don't want to clean my house or do the laundry or cook. Things I usually don't mind doing or actually enjoy doing most of the time. No motivation! I have a floor covered in laundry next to my bedroom door, a laundry room floor covered in even more laundry, upstairs bathrooms that are in a desperate need for some major attention, kids bedrooms that have been sliding under the radar-not quite clean but not as bad as the rest of the house. Dishes are not overwhelming, maybe twenty minutes to clean after emptying the dishwasher. Carpets need to be vacuumed all over the house, and the kitchen has been worse but there are still traces of last nights dinner on my counters. The kids should be home from school in about 45 minutes, which will then send me into the "complete your chores, do your reading, where's your homework-no your backpack and shoes and coat go in the closet, not on the floor" mode. AAAnnnnd, Kaleb started wrestling this week and he loves it but I have to take him 4 days a week to the high school to be dropped off and return an hour later to pick up. Gary is gone so often and when he is home, he is so tired or trying to spend time with the kids that I really don't get enough help around here to keep this house in order. Gary has been making breakfast for the kids-which he doesn't clean up after- and doing scripture study with the kids this week; so he is helping with the family. It's just so hard sometimes, you know! Last week I felt so good because I finally tackled the stair walls and got rid of all the pencil and crayon art that Evan added to the house. It looked great and Evan decided this week that he liked it the way he had put it so he has added his artwork to it once again. Hey, we all need to add our own touches to make it feel like home, right? Anyway, I think part of the no motivation thing is because I am not sleeping due to my baby being sick as well as most of the rest of the family. I haven't felt motivated for a while-I almost didn't do the pumpkin party! I don't think a vacation away will fix it, either. I am trying to get the kids on a good schedule of getting there chores done and being more responsible for their messes, but that's a lot of time and energy. Maybe I need to start working out? I really would like to go outside and soak up some good Vitamin D and feel warm! I have been so cold the past couple weeks. Being the energy conscious person that I am-okay, I just am cheap and don't like paying for unnecessary electric bills-I won't raise the thermostat above 69 degrees and I sleep with full cold gear on down to fuzzy slipper socks! Is it winter that is making me melancholy and tired? Why are bears the only ones that get to hibernate? Seriously?! I would love to take the winter off. Think about it! Stock up your energy supplies by stuffing your face on Thanksgiving and then take a long siesta until, let's say the 1st of April! I am totally for it! I mean, I love snow skiing and hot cocoa and all, but man, I need another Summer right now.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Stuck in a rut!
We were going to try t go out of town this weekend to someplace warm, but we are trying to sell the jag and my expedition was sold last week so we don't really have the transportation figured out. California was a bust when it comes to helping out because it was rainy and overcast the whole time.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am very happy right now. I am not cranky with my kids or husband, in fact, still in love and even head over heals kind-I just need some warmth and sleep. Every time I try to sleep in, it doesn't happen. My kids are all early risers and the new time change is not helping! Ryan got up at 5am Wednesday morning so I got up, looked at the ads and collected my coupons to go shopping at Walmart at 6am-yep, 6am at Walmart! Loads of fun! Any suggestions? Anyone? thought I would put it out there. I am going out with girlfriends this Friday night to the movies but I am starting to think I don't want to see a movie-I want to just sit around and talk and eat yummy food. Who's in?
Posted by crazy christensen family at 1:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment