Wednesday, October 27, 2010

But it is funny!

So I went to California a couple weekends ago for my Aunt Julie's wedding. Understand, she is my Dad's little sister, in her fifties, and this is her first marriage. She married a guy named Norihiko Nakajima. It was awesome! My mom was the wedding coordinator and she did such a great job! It was beautiful. I got to help out with some of the decorating but not a ton. Anyway, I had a great time being with family. The Sadleir clan tore up the dance floor. Even Jen was out there as soon as the music started, 8 months pregnant and all! I also got to see Leah and her cute new baby Mia. Life was good. Regular drama, that always comes up when we get together, eventually showed up. I was smart enough to steer clear of it for the most part. Ryan was with me and he was pretty awesome the whole time. Such a good baby! He is happy every time he wakes up unless he was woken up rudely-like when the kids are screaming or they try to pick him up. On to the funny part! We went to visit my brother, Michael, in LA in a rehab home. We went to church, ate lunch, had pictures taken, and spent some good time together. On the way home I got a call from Gary. I asked how it was going and he told me it wasn't going so good. He proceeded to tell me how the kids were being horrible and loud during church-sacrament meeting-fighting over silly bands. He told me how he had to finally put them all in their rooms when he got home and how Evan and Tanner were sent to bed for naps. There was more to the story than I am telling, but to get a better idea without details, it was a typical day in the Christensen home. Everything he told me they were doing is stuff they do everyday. The only differences were that I had the baby and he was the one having to deal with the rest of it. So I tell him that this is good for him and good for the kids and good for me. Before I had left town, I was having major melt downs-crying and all- because I was so stressed out. So I could understand his frustrations and I began to laugh while talking to him on the phone. He didn't like that too much and responded,"It's not funny, Lisa!" So I apologized and told him my phone was about to die and I would call him later. It really was almost dead, but I needed to get off the phone because I was about to burst with laughter. He didn't realise just how funny it was. In fact, every time I thought about this conversation after, I would start laughing again. It was funny, it was hilarious! He told me I need to be the stay at home parent-it's not a job he can handle. Hopefully he will remember that when he comes home on days that the house is torn apart and there is no dinner on the table-like today!

0 comments: