Friday, October 8, 2010

Hunter's Weekend Widow!

It's that time of year again. The leaves start to change, the temperature dips down a bit, and I turn around and my husband is nowhere to be seen. Okay, I knew where he went, but the way he gets ready and leaves is so stealthy it's as if he were a ghost! So this week started with him going to work on Monday morning, working all day, and then going to school. He came home that night after FHE but with ice cream cones-so of course the kids waited up and had their dessert and didn't get to bed until almost 10pm. So we got the kids to bed and then got into bed and went to sleep-yes, we went to sleep and did nothing else. Tuesday he went to work and I had the day from you know where with my children. Evan screamed and yelled at me all day. He kicked, pinched and scratched me as well as threw things in my direction. By the time Gary got home, I needed a break. Evan had received at least 3 swats on the bum, had numerous time outs, never took a nap, had hot sauce twice and I even pulled the towel in the door trick to keep him in time out long enough so I could get Ryan to sleep. (Sometimes I wonder if I should really divulge all of this info online-could I get into trouble for this stuff?) Karly decided to leave school without waiting for Kaleb which made him really upset and set the school in a frenzy looking for her. She was found walking home with her neighbor friends. I do have to add that Kaleb was so upset he started to cry because he was worried about her. Of course Karly didn't care too much. After they got home they ignored me and refused to do their chores. Later they started fighting which resulted inboth of the getting hot sauce. Karly would later get more hot sauce because she was talking rudely to Tanner. Crazy day, needed chocolate and a break! Anyway, that night Gary needed to go to Provo so we went with him, but once again the time was brief with him. Wednesday morning he gets up and goes to work and then to school once again except that he did come home for a couple hours-long enough for me to run to walmart and shop. After school he met me at Lessley and Ryans where we dropped off the two older kids and then went on our "date" for week three. We were supposed to go to Provo and run around to different places around BYU to represent 2003 when I graduated and we moved a couple times during the year. Due to the fact that it was 8:15 pm when we left Lessleys, I decided to keep it local. So we went to Thai Village in AF and it was really good! The Pad Thai wasn't nearly as good as Thai Ruby's, but the mango and rice dessert was amazing! We took our take out and drove over to the Fresh Markets parking lot and ate it there since we had three sleeping boys in the middle seat. Then we picked up the kids and went home. I fell asleep nursing Ryan back to sleep and Thursday morning started as all of the others. When Gary got home around 6pm, he had bought a new scope and need to sight it in so he headed up into the hills west of our home to do some shooting. After that he went straight to an HOA meeting and called me on the way to let me know. He got home just after 9pm and then began packing up in the garage and outside. When I finally went to bed-after falling asleep on the couch first-he had just finished packing. He got up this morning at around 3pm and went outside to finish up his packing and preparations. In the process, he woke up Evan, who would not go back to sleep in his bed so he slept with me. I was sandwiched between Ryan and Evan until 4:30 when Evan finally woke up Ryan. So I got to get up! Gary left at 5 when Reid got here and then I got to stay up with the kids. SO like I said, Gary has been a ghost in my life this week and now he is gone. We are planning a movie night with a neighbor and her kids since her husband is gone for work. We are eating all kinds of Junk food and just having fun. I am sure it will be a mess after all said and done but I know it will be fun. While Gary is gone, I am hoping to get some majorly needed deep cleaning done! Unfortunately, soccer is tomorrow and it is there last game, so we have to go, but I am still planning on accomplishing as much as I can!! I am planning on at least getting the corn stalks leaning against my front porch tied up and put on my porch for decorations instead of acting as a white trash dump station sitting next to all the sprinkler parts and boxes. Anyway, that is my current activity and my brain can no longer function logically due to the time so I will sign off now!

0 comments: