Blendtech has had this friends and family promo all this week on their blenders. They retail for around 400, but we can buy them for 250. So knowing the procrastinator that my husband is, I told him to get one for me and that was all I wanted. I knew he hadn't bought anything yet, so it worked out. Now a few months back I had told him that I wanted to keep the gifts for each other under 50.00. He was not happy about this but said okay. Later he told me he was going to spend more, but still not too much. So when I asked him for this, he gave me a hard time. I tried to make a better argument on my side by explaining that it wasn't just for me. The whole family will benefit from a blender like this. He wasn't buying that statement. He told me he wasn't going to use it-I doubt that. He told me to just "own it". It was my blender for me and I want it. So I came up with my own gift for him. Something that I know he wants but that isn't really a present for him as much as it is for the whole family. He will be the one to use it the most, but "the whole family will benefit from it." Before we moved, our waffle maker broke and Gary was really bummed. So I found a really nice double Belgian waffle maker on eBay and he is getting that from me. I can't wait to tell him it's his and to "own it" cause he is the one who wanted a new one and he is the one who will use it. For those of you who don't know, I don't like breakfast very much and rarely cook anything except biscuits and gravy or hot cereal like cracked wheat, oatmeal or farina. I can't wait to see the look on his face. It's going to be awesome! Hopefully he will like it and see that I was just trying to even the playing field. He still has a hundred dollars on me with the blender, so I will have to come up with something else.
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment