Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kids say the darndest things . . . .

The other day Gary was up skiing with the kids at Sundance for their season opener. They were having a blast and enjoying the snow when they noticed some people giving away free samples of products. Gary went up to the ones giving away red bull and asked for one. They gave him a 24oz bottle instead of the normal small one-maybe they thought he needed more cause he is so big? So he decided there was enough to share. He headed back to the kids to show them and Karly was the first to see so she blurts out, "Kaleb, Dad got beer!" This story is told second hand so hopefully I got it all as close to accurate as possible.

I was present for this wonderful conversation- Kaleb and Karly were in my bedroom while I was folding clothes and we were having a normal conversation. Ryan was crawling around and making a mess of my folded clothes and standing up against the basket when Karly says,"You're so chubby Ryan, such a chubby boy!" Then she asked,"Mom, is chubby another word for fat? (It is against our house rules to call anyone fat because it is unkind and they have been caught doing it on a number of occasions) I told her it was, and she asked if it was okay to call Ryan chubby? I told her that was fine. Then Kaleb pipes up and says, "Dad is chubby! He and mom should be on the biggest loser." Karly then said that mom didn't need to but Dad did. I then explained that the show was for people really overweight, by hundreds of pounds. He asked me how much I weighed and I told him. Then he asked how much dad weighs and I told him to which he responded,"See, Dad should be on the show cause he weighs more than two hundred pounds." I tried to defend my husband but it made me realize that we just need to get into better shape.
Last one was from Tanner at Breakfast. Gary started making eggs by cracking them into the bowl and Tanner yelled out-"OOOOh dads making baby chicken butts!" I don't know where he got this but it sure made us laugh!
Enjoying the holiday season with no more shopping to do and plenty of family around to share the spirit of Christmas with!

1 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

YES - your kids are the best. Are you guys very close to Thanksgiving point? We would LOVE to see you guys and your new place :) xoxo