Monday, December 13, 2010

Slower than some . . . but faster than others!

Ryan is probably one of my slower kids to start walking. Tanner was by far the fastest at 8 and a half months (He had started crawling before 6 months). Kaleb started at 9 and a half and Evan I believe was at about 9 or ten. Karly was my slowest at 10 and a half months. So my boys have always been fairly quick to get up and go. Friends have been teasing us about Ryan and how he is "slow" for his age being a Christensen. I am proud-maybe not proud, maybe more reluctantly proud-to announce that Ryan has begun to attempt his first steps. He has conquered the standing on his own thing for some time now. At seven months he would climb to a standing position while holding onto something for support. Now, He stands in the middle of the floor without any help getting up. On Saturday night, Gary witnessed the first attempt to walk with a total of two steps. Since then, he frequently tries to take at least one. He hasn't figured out that he needs to go in a straight line and tends to try to step and turn at the same time. He is so cute and I love him to pieces! Especially his constant, "Gop" that he says throughout the day.


The kids and I made our gingerbread house last night. It was a lot of fun! I basically added all the frosting and they did the decorating with the candy. Although they did frost the gingerbread people themselves. They are so much fun. I have been a bit grumpy lately and I blame it on lack of sleep combined with children ignoring me combined with me not being patient. It's not normal for me to get frustrated with them so easily but I get tired of the same routine everyday where I am cleaning everything five times and asking them over and over to help out and they don't. The zones has been somewhat helpful but it is still in the infancy stage. I am trying to be a more loving mom. I love my kids more than anything but they also scare me to death. I worry sometimes that I'm not doing enough or that I am doing too much; that I am being too strict or not strict enough. What choices will they be forced to make in the future and will I have taught them enough or built them up enough to help them make the right choice?! Will they be the kind of kids that have to learn for themselves rather than learn through example? I have to trust that I am doing all that I can and continue to make an effort to do better. I know most moms can relate to this. If all else fails, they at least know that I love them, right?! Hopefully I won't fail. My little rant. There, I am done.

0 comments: