Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ANOTHER ONE. . .well, maybe?

So for all of those friends of mine that I have been speaking with the past few weeks of my pregnancy fears, I just wanted to let you know that I was finally paid my monthly visit, over a week and a half late, on Monday. For those of you I didn't talk to, this is news to you. Anyway, I figured if I talked about it enough it wouldn't happen. I have a theory about this. If something is about to happen that can be momentous to some aspect in your life, the more you talk about it, the less likely it will happen. This has happened so many times. Like when I was selling my house, or had a buyer for the house, or thought I was pregnant, or moving for work, take your pick or add your own. Anyway, I was afraid I was pregnant before I was "Supposed" to start so that when I was late, I was really scared-I mean take two pregnancy tests scared-and yes I did do that. After being 5 days late, I took the first test, which was negative. Then my good friend Amy told me I should take another since I still hadn't started. Luckily there was a coupon for 5$ off an ept test, so I bought a two pack and held onto it until I was just over a week late before taking the second one. I took it on Saturday morning and was so relieved when it was also negative. Relief washed over me and I ran upstairs to get ready for skiing. As the weekend passed, I still had no sign until Sunday evening when my back started hurting-but I wasn't sure if it was PMS or sore from all the falls on the slopes the day before. Monday morning when it came, I was so happy, I welcomed it! After informing the handful of people I had spoken with and proving my theory right, I started thinking about having one more. I want to be done so that I never have to get fat and uncomfortable again. Not to mention the crazy hormones! I spoke with my sister -who just had her fifth that happened to be a girl-and she was saying how having a sister for her older daughter really changed the family dynamic and how wonderful it was. It got me thinking that maybe I need another one for Karly and not for me. Maybe there is one more out there that I need to bring to our family. So I am cracking that window just a bit to allow for the possibility. I have this feeling that we have a daughter that may need to be coming to our home. For now, I will enjoy my family the way it is, enjoy my summer, get back into shape and keep in shape with races, and maybe next year at this time we will take another look at that crack and decide to shut it completely or else open it up one more time.

Back to my theory-we had told people Gary was getting fixed this spring and I think that may be put on the back burner. See, if you talk, it won't happen.

1 comments:

Amy Beatty said...

Sweet relief. I think you are amazing. I love that you are thinking of another xoxo Sorry Gary got hurt :(