We were riding the lift on Saturday and Kaleb asked about the via lift. He said,"Mom, are we going to ride the via lift? Where is it? Have you ever been on it?" I was very confused so I asked where he heard about it. He replied that he saw a sign that said "Return to front mountain via lift". Gary and I looked at each other and laughed. Then we explained what "via" means. Pretty cute. I like that he is curious and inquisitive.
That day we were heading back up the lift to ride down to the car to finish our day when I received a call from the ski patrol at Sundance. Gary had been injured and would need to go to the urgent care. He had fallen when going off a rail in the terrain park and landed on his shoulder and back. He thought it was the clavicle. So we went down the mountain to Riverwoods urgent care-yes, they recognized us and remember us from all our visits there. After two x-rays, they determined that it was not broken and the swelling was probably from ligaments and muscles that were torn. He was prescribed some muscle relaxers and 800 mg Ibuprofen and told to take it easy and ice lots. He spent the next two and a half days sitting on the couch and sleeping. His chest is swollen and really messed up, so he went to a chiropractor today and found out that he had indeed separated the joint or popped it out a bit. The chiropractor pushed and tried to get it back in and was somewhat successful but he has to go back in on Friday. Hopefully he will finally get some relief! By the way, it is the Sterno-clavicular joint. Hard one to separate, but my husband is an over-achiever in this area! Thank you Aflac Accident insurance!




1 comments:
Lisa, SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU! Love the "Via Lift" story. I look at families like you who are completely into adventure and then think about my home-body husband and I WISH I could boast the same fun as you guys do. You better remind Gary of his age now! haha!
As for our kiddos: we're having a boy! That makes 3 girls and 2 boys. Our Almighty Father knew I'd find myself in the looney bin if he added any more estrogen to this family at this time!
You all take care and no broken bones!
Post a Comment