Do you ever have those days where it seems like the minute you step out of bed, you are going!? Today is one of those. I am stopping for just a moment to chronicle the events that have occurred in the past few hours. I know I will probably pay for it once I finish and find the doom that has happened to my house. This is how my day started. I helped my friend out again this morning at 5am and headed back to my house with Ryan in tow at about 7:45. When I came in, everyone was up and going. I quickly helped the older kids finish with their morning routine and got them out the door. Following this, I spent the next several hours doing work related items-answering phones, scheduling, books, and dealing with a couple crazy situations with some of our clients. Gary has a wild hair up his butt and has had one for the past week or so. I can't quite tell exactly what has him going, but he is sure cranky. So he had a bit of a tantrum today -and normally I wouldn't call them that when referring to my husband, but this one would definitely fit in that category. I had to plug my ears to keep from getting a headache. It wasn't directed at me but at life in general and mostly revolving around the business and the stress of being self-employed. I listened patiently until he crossed the line by complaining that we have no blessings. This is a sure way to have the blessings you aren't recognizing go out the window super fast-at least that's how I see it. So I stopped him and started listing how we were blessed and pointed out how there were many people in the world, if not just in Utah, that would gladly take his place. We can actually provide for ourselves and that is more than many can say in this recession. I think he saw the wisdom in my arguments because he stopped complaining. He is still a bit grumpy. Anyway-on to the rest of the morning. So I swept the kitchen floor to prepare it for mopping but didn't get that far cause the phones kept ringing-which is a good thing but not helpful in the "cleaning your house motivation" department. My sister was in a frenzy cause she had had a morning as well and was running behind for a new job interview and was late dropping off Oakley, so I helped her by getting Oakley and her things and let her off on her way. About this time, Gary had finished his paperwork and was finally out the door to go to work. I run inside and put the tv on for the kids and then did a naughty mom thing and left them for 5 minutes unsupervised so that I could take a shower that I have been needing for a while! I quickly got dressed and came downstairs to find the box of cheerios had been scattered all over the floor I had just swept. I started cleaning them up while continually trying to get the culprits, Evan and Tanner, to help. I notice that the ice cream lid is on the counter and ask who is responsible, when Tanner quickly offers up Evan as the scapegoat. I wasn't buying it when the proof was on both of their faces, but quickly put the lid back on and placed it back in the freezer. Suddenly, the phone rings again and I run to answer it. As I am taking down the information for the service call, Ryan walks into the office covered in chocolate. I can't figure out where he got it, so I walk into the kitchen to investigate. I turn the corner of the island and find Oakley sitting in a large spill of ice cream-rocky road-with an orange bowl full of mostly melted contents in her lap. I had not seen that they had actually served themselves bowls cause they hid them on the floor. Two minutes! That's all I was gone for with the phone call! Anyway, I did get pictures and then I bathed them in the kitchen sink.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Oh what a day, and it ain't over yet!
Current situation-I made myself brussel sprouts for lunch cause it sounded good and I hope they will give me that extra something that Popeye always was able to hone in on-I know I am weird. Evan and Tanner are currently upstairs "cleaning" their room and Ryan and Oakley just had a nice bowl of oatmeal and are crawling around. I had changed into an outfit that I had planned on wearing out on our date tonight-silly me, I know-but now it is covered in chocolate in various locations. So now I await the rest of the days exciting events that are planned for me. Kids will be home in 30 minutes, and no one has had naps-nor do they seem like they will. All I can say is, "Bring it on!Bring it on."
Posted by crazy christensen family at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment