I have noticed a pattern in my life. When I am doing what I am supposed to-i.e; reading my scriptures, praying, Family Home Evening, Temple, Visiting Teaching, etc.-I am able to do much more and with a better attitude. I find that often times I will do scripture study with the kids and then not do my personal study. Life seems so much more chaotic when I don't start my day off right and pray. I still have crazy days when I am reading and praying, but I can manage them better. I can also hear the spirit and its promptings much better when I start with personal study. I didn't see the need for personal time until a couple years ago. I figured having family scripture study counted and was enough. Once I realized it wasn't and changed my thinking, I have had so much more open up to me. Now, my house has not seen the improvement-I don't get everything done everyday and there is always so much I would like to do; but I find the peace and don't stress about it. I am currently reading in Alma and have just started a few weeks ago, so I am not that far in. I am at the account of Alma and Amulek and their preaching to the people in Giddoniah-I think that's right. Anyway, they are preaching repentance to the people. The people are being hard hearted and trying to catch them in their words so they can throw them in jail. This book really was meant for our time. Reading the words that Alma wrote and that Amulek said totally pertain to us. The gospel is so simple. If we do what we are supposed to do, and thank our Heavenly Father and acknowledge him in everything, he is bound to bless us. The whole concept of him being "bound" by his words is great. I think about how often I tell the kids we are going to do some fun thing and then things fall through and we don't and they are so disappointed, especially after they did their part to earn the fun thing. I always try to make it up to them later, of course. But the Lord is bound. If we do our part, he WILL do his. It's that easy and it is so wonderful.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Stress vs Peace
I know that moving out here to Saratoga was a huge leap of faith. We were increasing our mortgage by 100%, and the utilities are way more! But this is where the Lord sent us. We were inspired to come her, as were so many others out here. Do we know the purpose for us being here? Not really, not yet at least. Maybe we are already fulfilling that purpose and just don't realize it yet. When money is tight and bills are due, I don't stress-at least not too much-cause I know this is where he wants us and he will help us make it happen.
I told Gary the other night that I felt really good about this year. It is going to be a good year and I am excited for what it holds. He agreed that he had the same feelings. Now, I know there are going to be hard times, which I will probably blog about, but I know we will get through them. Life is good. Especially, when I am doing what I need to have that peace. I am so grateful for the gospel and the direction it gives my life. I am so grateful for the peace that I am able to have and the gift of the spirit that prompts me in even the small aspects of my life. I love my family and my wonderful husband. I may get frustrated with the lot of them at times, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are my world and I am grateful for them. This is kind of a testimony, I guess. And that's fine. I think it will be good for my kids to read later on and a good reminder for myself as well. Like I said before, Life is good!
Posted by crazy christensen family at 9:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment