So I turned 31 on Sunday, and I figured my birthday wouldn't be that great this year cause I had a surprise party last year and this year it landed on a Sunday. The fact that our church starts at 8:30 am made me realize that the breakfast in bed and sleeping in idea was out! We had made plans to go out Saturday night with friends because we hadn't seen them forever. During the day, I was going skiing with Gary and the kids. So in the back of my mind, I counted Saturday as my birthday. Vicki watched the three younger kids for us that day and even bought me some chocolate cupcakes from Magelby's-YUMMMM!! Sundance was awesome! It was fun seeing the kids skiing. Karly is really good as long as she doesn't psyche herself out. Kaleb just bullets down the hill. I had them follow me and practice doing turns down the mountain. They need to have more lessons to really get out of the pizza skiing. The snow was really great and it wasn't too cold. We had lunchables and pretzels for lunch at the car and then went back up and skied a bit more. The only mishaps we had were when Karly didn't lift her tips and her ski's came off at the base when getting on the lift and then she fell getting off the lift on another run. That night, Reid watched the kids for us while we went to Salt Lake to a restaurant called Sawadee. Awesome Thai food!!! Great food and great company! As we were driving up to Salt Lake, Gary got a call that a boiler was down and the tenants had no hot water or heat. So after the date, at 10pm, Gary left me at home and went to Orem to try to fix it. He got home after midnight and informed me he wasn't able to get it going and had to go back the next morning. So he left me at 7 am to go back to work. I got up and got the kids ready for church, helped kaleb write his talk for Primary, and wrote up my newsletter for my Primary class. Karly was a big helper with getting Ryan ready and taking care of him after. Tanner wasn't bad, but wasn't great and needed consistent reminding to get ready. Kaleb was just as bad. Evan on the other hand was horrible! He didn't want to wear the overalls we picked out for him so he screamed and yelled and threw a horrible tantrum! I swatted his bum, put him in time out. None of this calmed him down. As we were getting ready to leave, I informed him that he was not coming with us if he kept it up. Still not stopping, I went out to the car, opened the garage, started the car and prepared to leave. He ran out crying and screaming. I rolled down my window and once again reminded him that I would not bring him with us if he couldn't get it under control. Thankfully, this worked. He stopped and got into the car and we left for church-12 minutes late. Once at church, we sat in the back-the very back in the cultural hall. Ryan had been sick all weekend and was still not back to himself, so he fussed through church and I got to deal with him and my other kids playing transformers a bit too loudly. During the sacrament, the passer gave Evan the whole tray of bread to hold on his own-I was a bit shocked and worried that was going to end badly, but he did great. He placed it on his lap and held it in one arm like a football but in front- and carefully chose the piece he wanted. It was pretty precious-but also nerve-racking! After the Sacrament, I handed out apples to each of them cause I hadn't fed them breakfast. It was an awesome sight. Hey, it kept them busy and quiet for a while. Primary went well, and when we got home, the kids were excited to make me gifts. Oh, yes, the primary kids got to sing to me and that was great! Anyway, Gary came home about 20 minutes after we did and he had stopped at the store and bought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and breakfast burritos for us all-my late breakfast treat. Yes, he broke the sabbath, which I wasn't too happy about, but it was sweet. Evan then asked if we were opening presents and I explained that he was supposed to get me presents! I asked him if he got something for me and he said,"Yeah, I got you a cake!" I asked where it was and he said, "In da fidge!" Gary and I laughed. He is already lying, but it was so sweet and he was so excited about it! Karly made me pictures of all my favorite things and gave me 5 of her silly bands-three of which glow in the dark. Maybe not the best birthday, but it was still special. I love my family. That night we went to "It's great to be eight!" Fireside for Karly. We got there and realized that Evan had gotten in the car in a t-shirt and shorts and shoes-no socks- and tanner forgot his shoes all together. We were a sight to see! So we sat in the back once again to avoid looks and taunts. We are so excited for Karly to get baptized this year! Dinner awaits so I bid you adieu!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Happy Birthday LISA!! I love you xoxo
Post a Comment