Ryan learned how to climb down the stairs and get off the couch yesterday!! Yeah, no more falls!!! The only bad thing is that other people can still help him out in this area. Last night I sent the kids to get ready for bed-which of course they ignored and continued to play. Gary was on the computer and I was watching the tv, when we hear this horrible sound of banging and rumbling coming down the stairs. We both look at each other and jump up. I thought for sure it was Ryan, but turned in time to see Evan tangled up with Ryan. Evan has this bad habit of playing on the pony wall that divides the playroom from the stairwell and we are always telling him to stay off it. Well, he was on the wall leaning over into the stairwell so he could race his cars down the banister-a favorite thing of his. He tumbled over the wall onto the stairs and all the way down the stairs. Ryan was just climbing up so he got taken out in the fall and came down a few steps with him. When we got to them, Evan had a pretty bad bloody nose. We rushed him in the bathroom and immediately started applying tissue and consoling him. Gary thought he was fine but I still question if his nose is broken. He seems to think that there is mostly cartilage in there, but he is almost 3 and it should be more bone. This morning I looked at his face and he has bruising starting to show up-not too much, but it's there. The bridge of his nose is swollen and I think he may have done some damage. What can you do? At least he is cute and has charisma, right?!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment